Friday 16 November 2012

3-part-article: I found out why Minimico looks less cute in her new avatar

This time I'll talk about (1) the importance of avatar (thumbnail)
pics and (2) the issue of eyes and how people react to the ratio of
the iris (if you're Japanese it's the black part of your eyes).

First, take a look at pic 1.

pic1

It had been the profile pic of minimico's
Twitter (http://twitter.com/minimico) and of her Youtube
(http://www.youtube.com/user/milkymico).

A while ago, she changed the pics to the one on pic 2.

pic2


Let me be honest, I don't like her new one.

In fact the number of visits to her channel dropped significantly.
Before the change of avatar, I'd visit her channel almost everyday.

To be fair it is not only the avatar. The lack of proper lighting in
the most recent videos of her made her skin look pale.

Like these ones. Her skin doesn't look yummy.



The pic 1 was a perfect avatar for me. Each time I saw it, it stoked
my desire to watch her video. Indeed I did.

Let's think about the reasons. What do you think detracted the kawaiiness?

Now let's see pic3. It's the lovely cat from Shrek.

pic3


Did you notice the similarity to pic1 (Mico's face)?

Yes, it's the large proportion of iris (the blackish part).

That is one of the reasons why they look lovelier.

pic4
Also compare it with the cat from another scene (pic 4).

It's typical eyes you see of cats in the day. Iris is narrow to decrease the light
coming in from outside.

I love cats during the night. I would often admire the emerald like
eyes of my beloved cat in the night (pic 5),
pic5


then be dissappointed the next day in the bright daylight (pic 6).
pic6



In general, babies have large iris. Pic7 is the baby you often find in
Billy Hillington memes. We see that he has large iris.

pic7


Before finding out that reason, I went back to my Minimico folder. It
was not that I overrated Mico's cuteness. See pics8 and 9. She's one
of the cutest girls out there.

pic8
pic9


Even as cute as Mico could look average if you don't capture her right.

#minimico #otakuowls #sanpakugan #Shrek

No comments:

Post a Comment