Sunday 12 August 2012

Whether you should follow-back or not

Basically you should follow-back someone who followed your blog, etc.

But you should do a quick screening.

(1) Why you should, because you'll be retaining a lot of fans.

I used to not follow-back on my Tumblr--looking back, that was part of the reason why I got so many haters.

I would have gotten a lot of haters still, but fewer if I had the habit of following back. Take this wisdom!

Since I began to follow back people, the supporting messages to my Inbox have increased, and slandering messages decreased!

(2) Why need screening? Because following back any and every person depreciates your value.

I'm sure you found such messages as "OMG! KimonoTime followed me!" something like that.

Her fans are extremely glad when she follows (back).

If they find that she will follow every person she's been followed by?

In reality she is not the case. She follows back the blogs only when she judges they are worth reading.

By doing a quick screening you can keep your "brand image".

And this is important. Let's not set the standards too high! Let's make it low, just enough to maintain your brand image.

Even if the blogs are not overlapping your interest, let's follow them!

You might complain, you need to follow too many blogs, which will flood your Dashboard with the posts you are not interested in so much.

Let's make two accounts, one for your official blog, one for your personal use.

If you want to read your followers blogs, use your personal one and read them.

Note: For your personal blog, name something that won't betray your name.

I hope you will find this strategy effective for your Youtube channel too!




No comments:

Post a Comment