Saturday 9 June 2012

New findings concerning the issue of CCProse, popping up as unrelated video suggestions by Youtube.

When you post a video, you'll experience unrelated video suggestions made by Youtube.

Let's compare two similar videos. One by Minimico (MilkyMico on Youtube), one by Haristarchan.
They danced to the same song, "One Two Three" by Morning Musume.



And below is the one by Haristarchan



Mico's video was uploaded 2 days ago, Hari's was just now.

When you click Mico's video through either Youtube Search "踊ってみた one two three" or Timeline, you'll see that the video suggestions mostly consist of unrelated videos, by "CCProse".

Only 4 videos were by Mico. [note: when you read this article, the things must have gotten better]

When I clicked Mico's video two days ago, I saw 15 video suggestions by CCProse!
 If you click "more" there'll be more of them.


However, when I clicked Hari's video just now, I only saw 5 videos in the suggestions collumn.


What made that difference? 

To compare the video suggestions, don't go directly to another video, or return to the previous page (the search result) and click another video. You need to do the search again to reset it.

I searched with the same phrase again. I found a video with the same dance cover, uploaded two days ago. In the video suggestion, only 5 videos are dance covers, the rest are all the videos by CCProse (exactly like Minimico's).


I don't know why, but let me allow a wild guess again! I have a bad record about this (I'm sorry for that!).

I think it has a lot to do with the title of the video. Hari's video has (1)モーニング娘。and (2) her name in the title. That must have kept the appearing of CCProse to minimum.

Mico and another gilr's video, they have (2)their name and the title of the song, but not (1)モーニング娘。in the title.

I think Mico should have included モーニング娘。in the video title.

Sorry if my guess is wrong again!

No comments:

Post a Comment