Thursday 10 May 2012

People don't seem to know how I like the speeches made by President Truman and FD Roosevelt. As I wrote on my Twitter, I don't support the idea Hitler was expressing in his speech. Just that I like his way of speech.

If I were to refrain from using his speech video to learn German just because what he was doing was wrong, I should have to refrain also from viewing the ones by Truman and FDR. It's a known fact here that FDR could have avoided the participation of US in the Pacific War. So could Truman, avoiding the bombing of two atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They chose to do those things for the national interests of US.

That's a history. I don't have a grudge against the citizens of US, at the same time have the compassion for the victims of WWII. That doesn't keep me away from viewing their historical speeches; in terms of oration, they are masterpieces.

1 comment:

  1. This is..kind of true. Hilter was a terrible, awful, distorted human being but he was good at delivering speeches.

    ReplyDelete